- 1 year top-up degree for Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma, Higher Diploma, Professional Diploma holders or equivalent (in a relevant subject area).
- These degrees are awarded by The University of Birmingham.
- 100% taught by UCB faculty members from the United Kingdom. Students will have the similar study experience as on campus.
- Excellent learning support is provided by UCB, which includes the e-library, our learning platform (CANVAS), an English language checking and draft assignments checking services. Students are welcome to contact their academic tutors at UCB by email for advice and guidance.
University College Birmingham
University College Birmingham (UCB) is the United Kingdom’s specialist institution for Higher Education business programmes in the fields of Hospitality, Tourism and Management. UCB has over 8,000 students of which 1,100 are international students from 65 countries. It provides quality teaching programmes and all-round support to students, including one of the best e-libraries in the United Kingdom, with an extensive range of online resources including e-books, journals and other multi-media resources.
University College Birmingham is accredited by The University of Birmingham and many of its Foundation Degree, Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree programmes lead to degrees awarded by The University of Birmingham. This includes the Final Year degrees for BA (Hons) Business Enterprise, BA (Hons) International Hospitality and Tourism Management and BA (Hons) Marketing Management currently offering at Aston Institute, Hong Kong.
Successes and Achievements
- UCB was accredited with the Investors in People Gold Standard in 2014.
- In 2012, Granted full University Title by the Privy Council.
- In 2012, UCB achieved top results from Ofsted, gaining an overall Grade 1 Outstanding for provision and an unprecedented further nine Grade 1’s Outstanding were awarded for areas including teaching, learning, safeguarding, equality and management and leadership.
- In 2011 the QAA carried out an audit of University College Birmingham and UCB gained a successful report which concluded that: ‘Confidence can reasonably be placed in the soundness of the institution’s present and likely future management of the academic standards of its awards’ and ‘Confidence can reasonably be placed in the soundness of the institution’s present and likely future management of the quality of the learning opportunities available to students’
University of Birmingham and University College Birmingham partnership
In July 2017, University College Birmingham and the University of Birmingham signed an innovative, new partnership agreement.
This builds on our existing relationship, which has seen the University of Birmingham accredit and award 20,000 University College Birmingham degrees over the past 22 years.
The partnership creates a new model for collaboration, harnessing the distinctive and collective strengths of our two universities, to improve outcomes for young people through a range of joint activities, including:
- Degree apprenticeships – focusing initially on nursing
- Further enhancing student opportunities to access Higher Education through Further Education routes
- Academic teaching staff training and development
- Creating a better Birmingham student experience by sharing facilities
- Helping international students to access education opportunities in Birmingham
This pioneering partnership will further strengthen the city’s educational excellence and the development of a diverse, highly skilled workforce in the region.
There are 4 intakes in a year, which are February, May, August and November.
- Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma, Higher Diploma, Professional Diploma or equivalent (in a relevant subject area)
- All admissions are determined by UCB.
English Language Requirment
- IELTS 6.0 or
- Password English Test 6.0 or equivalent
Top-up Degree Programmes
- BA (Hons) Business Enterprise (Final Year)
- BA (Hons) International Hospitality and Tourism Management (Final Year)
- BA (Hons) Marketing Management (Final Year)
Higher National Diploma
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Business